The entire residence has been designed by famed architect Bill Bensley and featured in Architectural Digest, to provide the ultimate in relaxed luxury living. The entire estate is complemented with luxurious and modern comforts to contrast Northern Thailand’s rustic natural beauty and cultural traditions. The residence is a personal sanctuary with each room reflecting the grace of traditional Thai Lanna style. Each structure was built from reclaimed and recycled teakwood. The walls of windows create a blend of natural light and free-flowing space.
Villa Mae Rim is a handcrafted work of art that took 8 years to complete. The estate is comprised of seven private and unique golden teak pavilions. Each room is equipped with modern technology that include state-of-the-art entertainment and communication systems. Almost all of the pavilions have vaulted 8-meter golden teak ceilings. Custom crafted bronze details and Jim Thompson silks are used abundantly through out the property.
A series of roofs necessary for protection from the sun and rain acts as a bridge, bringing the garden straight into the indoors. defining a spectacular lifestyle, and recalling the splendor of the LannaThai era. Golden teakwood floors, handcrafted teak furniture and an amazing collection of artifacts and antiques from many different South East Asian countries ground the interior design, hearkening back to an era of peace, tranquility and elegance.
- Sold fully furnished (not including artworks and antiques)
- Glass enclosed mosaic tiled bathrooms w/separate rain showers and spa tubs with views
- Dining pavilion elevated above the water garden
- Elegant outdoor living spaces, including spacious verandas
- Separate and spacious villas for entertaining and guests
- State-of-the-art entertainment and home-management technology
- Beautiful reclaimed teak floors
- Floor-to-ceiling sliding glass doors
- Staff quarters of 4 rooms
- 11 meter x 23 meter pool
- Bedrooms: 7
- Bathrooms: 12 (8 full and 4 half baths)
- Indoor Area : 6,348 sq. ft.
- Terrace Area : 8,550 sq. ft.
- Land Plot Area : 16,000 sq.m. or 4 acres or 10 rai
Please feel free to contact us for further information or to make an appointment to visit the property.
|No. of Floors:||-|
|No. of Units:||-|
Library, Lobby, Meeting Room, Putting Green, Recreational Area
Convection Steam Oven, Microwave, Refrigerator
55+ Community, Country Club
Balcony / Lanai, Courtyard
BBQ, Gardens, Sidewalk
5+ Car Garage